Monday, December 3, 2007

I sneeze, therefore I pee

Lovely hungh? No. I can not and will not read any mag about new moms, babies, pregnancy etc. They make me feel like a FREAK. After 16 weeks of this alien take over, I am still not glowing (farting, barfing, sleeping and peeing way too often - YES....glowing, feeling sexy, beaming with excitement and joy, err, NOPE)

Here are a few alternative sarcastic, cynical resources for you females out there who have also had your bodies hijacked for 40 weeks and need a good laugh:

The Sarcastic Journalist at Baby Gaga
Brain Child - The Magazine for Thinking Mothers
Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy

2 comments:

richard said...

Another way of thinking about it might be, "I copulate, therefore I conceive." Oh . . . wait . . . no . . . that would be YOU doing that conception thing, wouldn't it? I know baby, hardly fair is it? Perhaps Nora Ephron was onto something when she ruefully noted that, "If pregnancy were a book, they'd cut the last two chapters."

progressivegrannie said...

May your baby be born to a world where Obama is President! Obama O8!
Hope to see you on super Tuesday.
And yeah, that baby thing is a wild and crazy experience, but not as "interesting" as teenagers! LOL.
Then, when you are a grandma like me, you can sneeze and pee all over again. Sigh.

My Handpicked news and stuff for the Day

My Stumblings

My Geeky News

Cloud-Townsend - Must Reads

Blocks To Love
Confession: The Open Door 
Ingredients of Growth
Love, Receive and Obey 
Picking Safe People 
The Simple Scoop on Boundaries 
The Path of the Single Person 
THE NATURE OF LOVE 
Whether Mars Or Venus, Men and Women Need To Be On The Same Planet 
Overcoming The Fear Factor In Sharing Your Faith 
Dependency - Key to our Needs 
Flirting with Danger 
Ministry Counseling with Purpose 
Becoming Seperate - Boundaries 
Boundaries: Good in, Bad out 
Overcoming Fear In Uncertain Times


INTEGRITY OUTLINES by Dr. Henry Cloud


"Christian" Beliefs that Can Drive You Crazy -


Safe People:

Parenting:

Changes That Heal:


How People Grow:

Stuff to Thunk On

New from TED

News from Lifehacker

Let My People Think (RZIM)

My Calendar